University Bible Church exists to be and make disciples who are Gospel-centered, Bible-focused, and Christ-exalting.
We seek to equip and disciple individuals and families to live for Christ. We do this by spiritually nurturing those who come alongside us in our mission through teaching of God’s Word, corporate worship, fellowship, and Biblical counseling.
We provide a Biblical worldview in a culture surrounded by conflicting theories and alternative lifestyles. We are a training center to equip individuals for both volunteer and full-time ministry in the body of Christ. We desire to reach Idaho State University, our neighborhoods, communities, and the world with the Gospel.
The gospel is believed.
- We seek to be clear not confused about the gospel.
- The gospel is the good news that God, our Creator, wants to bring us near to Himself by grace. God exists and deserves to be honored in our lives, but we’ve turned from God and deserve to be punished (Rom. 6:23a). Jesus Christ came, died, and was raised to rescue mankind from sin and judgment (Rom. 6:23b). We must respond by repentance and trust in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8-9).
The gospel is shared.
- We want to be equipped and motivated to share the gospel with a lost and hurting world across the street and around the world because the gospel is the power of God for salvation (Rom. 1:16).
- We do that by supporting and sending missionaries around the world but also by being missionaries to our own community.
The gospel is reflected in relationships.
- The gospel is the saving message to unbelievers and transforms believers. We want the culture of UBC to match the gospel of grace that we say we believe.
- We are kind to one another, tender-hearted, and forgiving because “God in Christ also has forgiven you” (Eph. 4:32). We sacrifice for others in love because “He laid down His life for us” (1 John 3:16). We are unified in humility because Jesus demonstrated ultimate humility (Phil. 2:1-11). In short, we show grace because we’ve been shown grace.
We believe in the authority and sufficiency of scripture for all things that pertain to life and godliness.
- We focus our teaching on the Bible, not personal stories or agendas (2 Tim. 4:2). We are committed to preaching week by week through books of the Bible in which the big idea of the message is the big idea of the passage (known as expository preaching).
- We are also committed to the Bible driving our view of worship, ministry, counseling, and leadership.
We exist not to make ourselves look good but to show that Jesus is great.
Jesus promised in Matthew 16:18, “I will build my church.” The church is His and we recognize Him as our Chief Shepherd and head of the church (1 Peter 5:4; Col. 1:18).
We are a non-denomination church in agreement with IFCA International.